The acclaimed re:View film series is now available for streaming and download.
Additionally, a purchase of the original DVD set will now include full access to the entire re:View series in streaming and download format, accessible via your customer portal.
re:Films is a creative ministry venture of Dr. Bill Brown and Mike Koerbel. The project concept began several years ago to provide powerful teaching tools to youth pastors, local churches, and Christian schools.
re:View, is a unique, innovative, and revolutionary production. As a partner with local churches and Christian educators, we are excited about the possibilities and opportunities for reaching high school and college students with the message of truth.
The re:View project is designed to revolutionize the way Christian media is viewed, and how secular media is discerned. It’s amazing to watch how well the study works. You’ll be amazed when you see your students evaluating today’s culture through the lens of biblical truth.
There are five goals that are achieved through the re:View project. Upon completion, students will be able to do the following:
- Recognize that everyone has a worldview, and it has a source in something.
- Discern the worldview behind each expression of pop culture, identifying the underlying message.
- Filter the message, valuing the role of a theistic worldview.
- Articulate their worldview and opinions clearly and concisely.
- Engage the culture with a biblically sound, culturally informed, and gracious manner.
Over the course of the 7 or 13-session study, seven topics are covered, helping students to recognize, evaluate, and develop their worldview. The outline for the 13-session course of study is as follows:
- Topic 01 – Culture [Film: “Numb”]
- Topic 02 – Ultimate Questions [Film: “Sign”]
- Topic 02xa – Ultimate Questions Extended Session
- Topic 02xb – Ultimate Questions Extended Session
- Topic 03 – Worldviews [Film: “Swear”]
- Topic 03x – Worldviews Extended Session
- Topic 04 – Naturalism [Film: “Check”]
- Topic 05 – Transcendentalism [Film: “Reset”]
- Topic 05x – Naturalism / Transcendentalism Extended Session
- Topic 06 – Theism [Film: “Help”]
- Topic 06x – Theism Extended Session
- Topic 07 – Engaging Culture [Film: “Seen”]
- Topic 07x – Engaging Culture Extended Session
Each film module includes:
- 1. The award-winning 5-10 minute original film;
- 2. Director Mike Koerbel’s talking about the idea behind the film and how to use it
- 3. Dr. Brown’s 7 -10 minute teaching on the subject from strategic venues in New York City (Times Square, etc.)
Access your customer portal and download:
- 1. Pretest and/or notes for the class
- 2. Teaching guide and notes with questions/answers/etc.
- Summary of Dr. Brown’s presentation
- Power point you can use for the class
It should be noted that the re:View study can also be taught in an abbreviated 7-session study, although this limits the amount of time and depth that can be given to each topic. We recommend the full 13-session study.